Ms. Margolies has extensive experience litigating complex commercial disputes, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in financial fraud cases, contract disputes, insurance coverage matters, and director and officer litigation. Ms. Margolies also serves as a neutral mediator in a wide variety of commercial, employment and personal disputes. In addition, she trains new mediators at the Center for Conflict Resolution.
Prior to joining Sperling & Slater, Ms. Margolies served as a law clerk for the Honorable Katharine S. Hayden of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the Honorable Geraldine Soat Brown of the Northern District of Illinois. Ms. Margolies graduated cum laude from George Washington University Law School, where she was the Notes Editor for The Environmental Lawyer.
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A. 1993)
- George Washington University Law School (J.D. 2000)
- cum laude
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Center for Conflict Resolution, Board Member and Chair, Volunteer Council
- University of Pennsylvania Alumni Interview Program
- Illinois Holocaust Museum and Eduction Center, Generation to Generation Program Committee