Mr. Kelly is a litigator. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of matters, including trade secret, investor, partner, patent, antitrust, and customer-contract disputes.
Mr. Kelly has particular experience representing policyholders in insurance coverage disputes. Mr. Kelly writes and lectures on insurance coverage topics.
In addition to his litigation work, Mr. Kelly advises several growing companies in regulated industries. When possible, Mr. Kelly prefers creative fee agreements that better align his interest with his clients.
Mr. Kelly is also an active civic and bar leader. He is the elected Democratic Committeeman for Evanston, Illinois. In his role as Democratic Committeeman, Mr. Kelly serves on the judicial slating committees for the Democratic Party of Cook County. He previously served as Chief of Staff for the Illinois State Board of Education, as Special Assistant to the Deputy Governor of
Illinois and as Vice-Chair of Illinois State Treasurer Michael Frerichs’ transition team.
Mr. Kelly is President-Elect of the Chicago Bar Foundation’s Young Professionals Board.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. 2008)
- summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor,
- University of Illinois Law Review
University of Illinois (B.A. 2002)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association (past Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Subcommittee; Subcomittee on
Insurance Coverage Litigation)
- Chicago Bar Foundation (President-Elect, Young Professionals Board)
- Youth Organization Umbrella, Inc. (Board Member)