Gregg R. Hague joined Sperling & Slater in 1986. He has represented clients in trial court and on appeal in commercial disputes involving a broad range of legal issues, such as breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, business torts, leasing and development, successor liability, trade dress, partnership law, employment and discrimination law, constitutional law, class actions,
antitrust and ERISA.
Mr. Hague has particular experience in the area of insurance coverage. He advises clients on coverage concerning D&O insurance, environmental matters, mass torts, product liability, property damage, structure collapse, valuation, business interruption, and deductible and SIR questions, among others. In addition to addressing discrete coverage issues for clients, Mr. Hague assists policyholders and their brokers with structuring their insurance programs as well, and is experienced in negotiating and drafting manuscript provisions.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D. 1984)
- Notes and Comments Editor, Washington University Law Quarterly
- Carleton College (B.A. in American Studies 1979)
- cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association (Tort and Insurance Practice Section)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (past Board Member)