John Bjork is a Partner at Sperling & Slater. His practice is primarily civil litigation, with a focus on commercial matters including antitrust, intellectual property, insurance and other business disputes. In addition to litigation services, Mr. Bjork provides proactive counsel to clients on issues such as risk management, contracts and business formation.
In his antitrust practice, Mr. Bjork has represented clients in a variety of complex actions involving federal and state claims of price fixing, market allocation, monopolization and attempted monopolization in various industries such as pharmaceuticals, payment card services and retail products. In the intellectual property arena, Mr. Bjork has represented clients in litigation regarding infringement, validity and enforceability of patents covering a variety of different inventions and technology.
Outside the litigation context, Mr. Bjork counsels clients in connection with various business transactions and issues such as choice of business form and structure, director and shareholder liability, employment negotiations and disputes, asset sales and commercial leases.
- Boston College Law School (J.D. 2009)
- Michigan State University (B.A. 2005)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals