Mr. Vanek has practiced in the field of commercial litigation for over 30 years, with a particular focus in the fields of antitrust, intellectual property and commercial litigation.
In the antitrust arena, Mr. Vanek focuses on opt-out litigation by representing large corporate clients who have been overcharged for products or services as a result of violations of state and federal antitrust laws. He also has a broad commercial litigation practice with that focuses on complex commercial litigation, including both the prosecution and defense of matters that involve complex multi-district litigation. During his career, he has embraced the opportunity to address new and challenging issues in emerging areas of the law. He has advised clients on a wide range of issues, including intellectual property, partnership, contract, Constitutional, antitrust, unfair competition, defamation, insurance coverage, and non-compete obligations.
Beyond the strict confines of the practice of law, Mr. Vanek has been involved in founding and fostering several companies. In 2004, he co-founded AutoMark Technical Systems, LLC which designed and sold voting machine solutions for the disabled. In less than four years, AutoMark achieved a dominant market share, and Mr. Vanek was awarded two patents. AutoMark was then sold to a leading election company. He also co-founded Simple Truths, LLC, an inspirational book and mixed media company focused on personal and corporate development. Simple Truths was subsequently sold to a major publisher.
Recently, Mr. Vanek assisted in the creation of Array Enterprises, LLC, a business dedicated to the employee and customer incentive reward and recognition business. Since inception, Array Enterprises has experienced strong growth and is quickly becoming a leader in the industry.
- Creigton University (B.A. 1984)
magna cum laude
- Boston College Law School (J.D. 1987)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin